Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
October 15, 2006



No, I didn't forget. Yes, I know it's been a while. I just didn't feel like I had the right fabric. I found an interesting piece at G Street fabrics yesterday, and settled down to try and finish this doll before Halloween.

No, it's not done. I still have to do the sleeves and add some details. (trim and accessories. Need to find some chenille trim.) I will admit I'm slightly stuck on the sleeves and shoulders, but I can always give her a cloak if I don't figure it out. Every time I look at the original dress I notice new things. Today I noticed it looks as though she's wearing a robe. That would be FOUR layers of fabric. I don't know that I can get away with that. I can barely get away with three. And I have some shaping to do so the fabric will lay properly.

The eyes. I need to paint the eyes.

0 comments: