Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
October 1, 2006


On Saturday, in the wee sma's of the morning, a butterfly landed on my nose. I brushed my hand at it, but it wouldn't go away. I tried batting at it again, but it was determined to hold its position. I sat up, annoyed, determined to do battle.

Finally, beating frantically at my nose and lower face, I managed to wake myself up from a really weird dream. Obviously, there was no butterfly in my room in the middle of the night. There, was, however one of those breathe right nasal strips across my nose. (they work beautifully when they're not pretending to be butterflies!) I pulled it off and went back to sleep. When I got up the next morning and looked in the mirror, there, along one side of my nose, was a nice heavy red scratch.

Beautiful. I battered my face battling a bogus butterfly!

Erin and Andrew arrived later on to take me to Calvert for the weekend. It was fun, as usual. We visited Flag Ponds park again and collected shark teeth. We also went to historic St Mary's City and Sotterley Plantation.

There were monarch butterflies everywhere.

0 comments: