Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
September 12, 2014


I've been feeling overwhelmed by all the projects I have lined up, so I've kind of been ignoring them.  Not a good way to get anything done!

I've done a ridiculous amount of shopping for my tea room, and I'm planning to make even more food for it.  I want to experiment with chalks and powders for fine detail and texture work, especially on breads.  We'll see what happens.

The Denver Museum of Miniatures, Dolls, and Toys had their 2014 Fall Show in a different location, but it was jam-packed with excited miniaturists, so I don't think moving hurt them at all.  I spent quite a bit, nearly all items for the tea room, regretted some of it, and got annoyed at the number of vendors who did not include their contact information on their receipts.


I thought it would be great to change out the decor in the tea room for each holiday, so kept an eye out for appropriate decorations.


I don't know who this vendor was, but I fell in love with these miniature Halloween cake pops.  I'm not a good enough photographer to show you how tiny or adorable these are.  


I was going to make a miniature tree, but then I decided a table top size would be a better addition.    There were too many to choose from!  Then, of course, I needed a gingerbread house, and figured it would be easier to buy than to make.  Lots of polymer clay cane slices on this tiny house!


Non-tea room related (unless I get a bigger roombox and put a dollhouse in it). These are laser-cut furniture kits for 1/144th scale houses by Diminutive Details.  I have two houses in this size now, one actually finished, but the interior is kind of stark.  I liked the detail on these and will eventually get around to making them.



Trifle?  Fruit punch?  Jello dessert?  I'm not really sure, and I kind of regret buying it.  Possibly by The English Kitchen.  The 'glass' bowls and cup next to it came from Happily Ever After in Virginia, as well as the cake on the stand.

From the mystery vendor with the awesome cake pops.  I got two cake stands for a great price.  I didn't really have room for a second cake (or a second cake, for that matter), but I found a place to display it anyway!

Extra tea pot.  Was thinking of starting a miniature tea pot collection.  We'll see what happens.  The tea cart it's sitting on was another purchase, as well as the punch bowl behind it.  (I bought it for the cups.  You'll see.)  I need to glue the lid to the pot eventually, right now it's just held in place with mini wax.

I try not to go on too many mini shopping trips, so this was quite a splurge.  I even found the perfect 3 tiered tea tray, at Michael's, of all places!  They've already got some Christmas stuff up, and it was in with some other Christmas related miniatures.

Since I've already shown you bits of the room, I might as well give you a preview of the entire thing.  Details will be in a future post!




0 comments: