Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

About

Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow by Email

March 8, 2012



This is my second attempt at hair, there may be a third.  The first time I thought, "I should make her hair look carved to make it look more like a doll."  So I made an attempt with air-drying clay.  I used the Crayola brand, but found it frustrating because it was very puffy.  It was like trying to flatten and carve a marshmallow.  I did manage a reasonable attempt, but it tore in a few places as it dried and shrunk.  So I decided to stick with what I know and pulled out the viscose.  I sewed in beads all throughout the bun, but you can only see three in the photo.  Frustrating.  I've also got the usual amount of wisps everywhere and will eventually work up the courage to water those down.  I don't think I can get away with hair spray.  I just hope I used enough glue!  With the previous incarnations of my Obitsu I made wigs on top of cling wrap so it would be removable, but decided not to bother here.

On her arms are some stickers I obtained from the scrapbooking section of Michaels a while back for mini book-making.  I wanted to see if they showed up properly in the photo without being overly shiny, for a decorative effect.  It sort of works, but I'm not sure if I like it yet.  I also used teeny round stickers on the other arm to make it look like hinges or screws.  There are round depressions in the doll's arm at those places anyway, I thought I'd highlight them using stickers rather than my gold pen.  It feels a little weird to be attempting to make a doll appear LESS lifelike!  

0 comments: