Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
July 24, 2016


Having mentally completed the second floor, I've moved down to the first.  I wanted to fit both a kitchen and a living room down there.  I have a basic metal kitchen set I bought years ago from Anita McNary, plus the living room kit I had picked up from Diminutive Details.

Here I ran into a problem I knew I'd eventually have.  The scale was off.  Either my kitchen set was too small, or my living room set was too big.  Just a microscopic amount off can really throw your eye.



I tried to make it work, but was unhappy with the look, so I grabbed some scrap wood and made a couch that was just a little bit smaller.  It's very plain, but gets the hint across.  Because this was smaller, I was also able to make multiple armchairs to also fit in the room.  It's really not THAT much smaller, but it made a big difference.


Only two of them will stay in the room, the third is going in the bedroom.  I should have made an ottoman to go along with it!  

Downstairs is pretty much all windows, so I don't think I'm going to bother with any wall decor except for lace curtains in the bay window.  I am STILL deciding on blocking up some windows on the kitchen side.  I don't think I'm going to put a wall between the two rooms, it will make it look too crowded.  





0 comments: