Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
February 25, 2014


I haven't installed this wall yet.  It's almost like a piece of furniture!  On the other side of the wall is the bedroom, and specifically the closet.  I was excited to find a simple solution for this area that gave me both my dream of having a dollhouse with a closet, and a space for a washer and dryer, all fitting neatly in the space where the stairs used to be.  Its special features include a fancy work shelf with a pole for hanging items, and a pull out hamper that's connected to the closet in the bedroom.  The hamper will pretty much be hidden behind the bathroom door.  

This was my inspiration photo for the hamper from Pinterest:


The moment I saw it, I realized it could easily work for the setup I had designed.  My original plans were much more complicated, and included the shelves and somehow an ironing board on the back of the door.  I wisely simplified quite a bit. I used black plastic canvas for the bin, and some sort of jewelry finding, folded flat, for the handle.  I have a lot of half finished mini clothes that either never made it on a doll, or that doll got redressed.  I figure I'll stuff one or two in the bin in case people can't figure out what it is.  At this point I'm not even sure if it can be seen in the closet!



The shelf above the washer and dryer is a basic piece of wood, painted the same color as the wall moulding, since it's hard to see in the photo.  I used 16 gauge black craft wire to shape the 'wrought iron' supports.  It doesn't look at all how I pictured it, i.e., not sloppy and amateurish, but it will do.  Hopefully people will be looking at the fun stuff on the shelf and the pole instead. The clothes pole is made out of a plastic Q-tip stem, which has been in my stash for ages.  I painted it black, and then had to repaint some of the craft wire, because even though it claimed the color was permanent, it wasn't!


I painted a second Q-tip stem silver and glued it in the closet.  I haven't finished the interior of it yet, I'm not exactly sure how I want to decorate it.  I need to do something, though, since the stupid CARSON label is on one of the sides and is hard to paint over.  

This section just needs to have the closet finished and then it will be done!


0 comments: