Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
February 10, 2014

Allow me to introduce you to the messiest bit of wiring I've done so far.

The fault mostly lay in that I completely forgot I hadn't yet wired the garret.  I was concentrating so much on getting the upstairs hall wired for plug in use that I ran ahead and did it without considering what still needed to be done.  In fact, that was  what the mystery tape in the previous post was for - running power to the attic.  I had so completely forgotten about it that it wasn't connected at all!

I had to move the holes for the hall light over, as the previous light had the wire coming out of the edge rather than the center of the fixture.  In fact, I'm rather disappointed, as I don't think I can actually wire that light up for plug in use because of this.  Fortunately I have another light I can use - I think it was the one that was there originally. I wired it the same way as in the previous post, I'm just waiting on an order so I can install the spring loaded eyelets. 

The wiring comes up on the back wall, which is where it stalled for a while.  I couldn't figure out where to go from there, as I still needed to hook it up to a light switch before it went very far.  Today it dawned on me that I only needed to run ONE line of copper tape to the ideal light switch spot, not both, and this is the result.  For all the wildness, it's actually very neat.  I'm particularly pleased with how I handed the light switch, otherwise that would have been yet another fold in the wiring.

I still don't know what I'm going to do about lighting in this room, so I merely ran tape around edges of the floor.  I can connect pretty much everything to that.  I'm used to having both lines of copper running together, so I'm not actually sure if I can hook anything up to the gap between the two wires.  It's not a spot I anticipate needing any lighting, so I'm not going to worry about it.  

And yes, I did test it.  It works!

I didn't do much else, except clean up and organize the craft room a bit, and finally getting around to adding the Willowcrest's details to my dollhouse notebook.  I'm taking detailed measurements and adding bits of scrap wallpaper and flooring to the book.  I am also considering using tissue paper to have a full size copy of the floor to carry around with me.  There's a miniature show coming up, I'm going to need it!