Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
December 16, 2011


I saw this on Pinterest this year, and couldn't resist making them. The original instructions can be found on the Magic Bean blog. I made a few alterations as detailed below. But first: pictures!




I used photos of family members to make my silhouettes, and was lucky enough to find sticky-backed felt with a protective paper backing onto which I could draw the outlines. I had to track down carbon paper. Do you know how hard it is to find carbon paper these days? I glued fabric onto cardboard instead of sewing, because the trim I wanted to use wasn't easily sewable.

They were an instant hit. Now I want a set for MY tree. However, I think that I'll make mine out of scrapbooking paper. It might go over a little easier! I'm going to see if I can borrow a Cricut and cut the cutting job in half.

0 comments: