Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
August 2, 2013


My excitement about using the 1/32" wood as flooring has died down quite a bit.  It doesn't score well across the grain or on diagonals.  And when I'm NOT gluing it to a hard surface, it warps . . .
Oops.  Argh.

I peeled it off the posterboard backing and am attempting to flatten it out by spraying the back with water.  (OK, the water/vinegar mix, because that was nearby.)  We'll see what happens.  As an alternative, I'll try cutting strips of wood to make the flooring and staining both sides at the same time.  

In the meantime, I wa trying to figure out a rug that could cover most of the area evenly.  I opted for a heart shaped braided rug.

Embroidery floss in sage and cream, full strands braided and glued to a posterboard backing.  It didn't exactly meet the heart shape I was aiming for, but I tried.  Do not, under any circumstances, attempt to braid the entire skein of floss. Or attempt to separate strands from the entire skein.  A three foot section is plenty, and the inner sections did what I wanted just fine with 18" sections.  

I may make a second rug in the shape I was trying for, starting from the outside in, just to see what happens.  I didn't expect  making a braided rug would give me the problems it did!

I have all the rooms wired now save the attic.  I have one of the hallway lights hooked up, but it's rather difficult to do given the awkward spot I'm working in, so I'm taking a break before doing the second light.  Pictures later!  

0 comments: