Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
May 27, 2014


Four years ago we had a mega dream Disney vacation.  We had the idea to replicate it, but also investigate the possibility of buying a vacation property in the area.  We stayed in a nice townhouse in a neighborhood off Disney property, but frankly did way too much driving around for the amount of time we needed to spend at Epcot.  So many places to eat . . .

Here's some pictures I took from this trip.  I can't get enough of Main Street architecture.  The Castle drives me nuts, I swear it's crooked, or else where I'm standing is crooked, because it always comes out off kilter.  I was also excited to see Beast's castle, and unfortunately I didn't see Rapunzel's tower until it was too late at night.

Main Street, USA - Second Empire Victorian Architecture






This view of the Castle is from the Swiss Family
Robinson Treehouse, which is shady and cool and
never has a line to go through . . . .

Animatronic Hippos from the Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom

There's so many details that are hard to see on the Jungle Cruise.

Beast's Castle

A tributary statue of Gaston. This exists.  I love it.

The plaque under the Gaston statue, of course

While I LIKE mermaid figureheads, it seems a bit
morbid to tack Ariel herself to the front of a ship

Fantasia - The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Festival of Flowers

Dancing Ostriches from Fantasia

It looks prettier at night

China - Epcot World Showcase

China - Epcot World Showcase

Downtown Disney - you can go up and take pictures!

Maurice's Amazing Popping Machine

I was also determined to see a Florida gator, or at least an alligator in Florida.  We tried for a good old fashioned swamp tour, but a flat tire on our rental car made us miss the airboat.  So disappointing!  Fortunately we found a nearby alternative.  Gatorland!  It was corny but nice.














0 comments: