Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
August 1, 2012


I've been thinking about making this tie on pincushion for a while, because I never leave enough space between my sewing machine and the edge of the table for my magnetic pinholder, and fear dumping the thing in my lap.  However, my machine is surprisingly bulky, and I had a very narrow option for tying around without interfering with any dials or levers.

So, I combined it with this idea for holding cords.  I made a narrow pincushion, sewing the soft half of a cut to size piece of velcro to it, and then attaching it to the machine with the Command velcro strips.  My only problem was deciding where to put it!  I changed my mind after making the cushion, and so it's actually a little too long for the spot, which is why there's no picture yet.  I figure it'll be easy enough to move if it gets annoying, or easy to make a new pincushion if I do like the spot!

UPDATE 8/11/12:  After using it for a bit, I'm not happy with the results.  It's a bit wobbly on the velcro, and the last think you want is for your pincushion to move when you're trying to jab it without looking.  I may have to go with the ties around the machine after all!

0 comments: