Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
January 21, 2014


I decided I should focus on my real life house instead of my dollhouse, and have been driving my husband insane by randomly changing and adding things to the house.  Mostly I've been putting holes in walls, hanging all the curtains and pictures I had not yet gotten around to.  It's been fun and frustrating at the same time!

The biggest project I took on was one I had seen on This Girl's Life blog.  She'd taken a large canvas and glued similar photos to it, then outlined those pictures with copper foil tape.  She used images of the sky, but I had a much better idea.


These are photos I took in the summer of 2013, at Colorado National Monument and Arches National Park in Utah.  I had a lot of them, and they all went so well together that I couldn't resist.  They even go with the copper foil!  

I took a chance and used www.sharpprints.com to order my 6"x6" photos.  Walgreens didn't offer that size, and I would have had to order 24 8"x10"s, which would have cost me close to $100.  SharpPrints was so cheap that it was worth the risk.  I was very pleased with how the photos came out, although there were one or two that came out too weird for me to want to use.  I went back and checked my pictures - it was my fault, not theirs!  (How did I manage to get the sky that shade of pink?)  I was going to place a second order anyway, so I just picked a few new ones!

After I got my photos, I was standing in the dining room, trying to decide where to put what, when I began to pay close attention to colors.  The blue of the sky, the red of the rocks, the soft greens of the plants (there IS green in a desert!), and the tan sands.  Then I looked at my sage green living room and the barely cream dining room.  Same. Colors.  Now I have a color scheme for the entire first floor!  Ivory, rust, and sage, with some dark wood accents.  

0 comments: