Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
November 10, 2014


Surprisingly, I found what I needed for the cabinet doors at Michael's.



Check out these fancy head pins!  They were a little over 3mm wide at the tip.  And really hard to photograph.  


And also awkwardly shaped.  Some were round, some were oval.  Not sure what's going on here, but I think they look just like custom pulls.  I am still debating whether or not to try and make them darker or bronzier. I am thinking of leaving them as they are, mainly because I'm going to have to make the kitchen faucet out of FIMO and I'm pretty sure I have a steel colored metallic clay, but not bronze.  


The varnish is dry, the holes are drilled and I was too excited to glue the pulls in place, so I will do that tomorrow, along with further work on the microwave and maybe the fridge. But here, have a few preview pictures!


I was liking the look until I realized I had achieved 'golden oak.'  I hate golden oak.  Now I'm annoyed, but they look so realistic anyway I'll probably keep it.  Typical modern builders grade cabinets, right?  I am still divided about adding pulls to the faux drawer right below the sink.  I can always add them later.  


Now if you have been following along and thinking, 'wow, those top doors are pretty high,'  I thought of it too, and found a solution for that!  A mini step-ladder!  It actually folds up, too.  




0 comments: