Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
November 5, 2014




Little steps, specific goals.  I'm going to try to stop thinking of it as 'finish the kitchen' and start thinking 'tomorrow, I will add molding to the doors.'  Which is actually what I did today. And then I STOPPED.  Tomorrow, I will make doors and drawers for the bottom cabinets.  I want to paint them a cream color, but I can't seem to find the right color. so possibly the day after, I will mix and play with paint until I get it right.  The doors in the photos are still not attached to the base, because I have to paint.  Hopefully I can get them straighter.  Eventually I need to decide on handles.  My townhouse kitchen cabinets didn't have any, so not having them is an option.  

I'm rather pleased with how the molding turned out.  I cut out 3/16" and 1/8" strips of poster board (the cheap kind with both sides paper, no shiny side) and glued them together, narrower strip centered on the wider (more or less.)  I had to fight to make them even and my 45 degree angles are pretty bad, even with the mitre chopper I was using, but paint should hide the worst of it.  

0 comments: