Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
June 12, 2013



One day, while going through some old photos, my mother handed me this photo.  "Here's Gran with your dollhouse!  Do you want it?"  Of course I did!  I was always very proud that my great-grandfather had custom designed and built my one-of-a-kind dollhouse, and to have a picture of him with it was very special.

Then I looked closer.  "This isn't my dollhouse!"  It's a different color.  The front door is different.  The windows have different mullions.  There are little knobs to open up the front.  He had made more than one!

This is what my dollhouse looks like.
I have vague memories of a dollhouse in his basement.  It must have been this one, as we only saw it once.  I don't know which he made first, or who has it now.  I'm just slightly bummed that mine is no longer 'unique.'  

On the other hand, it could be fun to track it down.


0 comments: