Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
June 6, 2013


We are now on attempt #3 with this bathroom window.  I wanted something fancy.

Here is the 'original' bathroom.  *update!  I found a photo of the outside! Had to dig through hard copies to get it!*  It was a very simple design, just a row of angled shingles and a large 'stained glass' window.






I decided to try going fancier and making it an angled bay a few years later.  





I never secured it to the house, and it totally fell apart in the move.  (It was in a separate box at the time, not on the house.)  I was kind of forced to do Bay #3 after that. Plus the need to update the peach corian look!  

So I began update #3.  I used illustration board this time, and spent ages trying to fit the three arched windows evenly across the extension.  I feel this version fits the exterior style better than the other two.  I tried to match the shape of the mansard roof line, but it wasn't easy!



Yes, I AM a messy crafter!
  I can already see that I need to redo the roof.  I've decided to leave the bathtub and such for later.  There will be more trimwork added, too.

While I was at it I also filled out the bits of the floor along the front edge so it was even all the way across.  Previously it had a half inch inset since this was originally a small bay.  You can see below the patchwork of wood I've done for every renovation.  What a jigsaw puzzle!



1 comments:

JennyMooMeow said...

Hi Elaine, I really like the exterior of the bathroom remodel. Cute roof! Also, I hope you're enjoying Boulder. My sister lives there and it's a nice place. It has a lot to offer.
Jenny