Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.
February 19, 2014


I'm slowly starting to see a little progress in a smoother finish on the oven.  Mostly it's sand, paint, dry dry dry, sand, paint . . . time consuming.  I'm very impatient when waiting for things to dry, so I started working on other things, like the bathroom.  I got the template cut out for the back wall, and also cut out a wall for behind the washer and dryer, rather than using the back of the bedroom wall.  I cut out and painted trim and glued it in place.  Then, of course, I had to test fit everything.




I'm still not quite happy with the flooring I selected, so I didn't include it in the photos.  I'm going to play with it a bit and see if I can paint it into a lighter, marbley look.  And wouldn't it figure, the best lighted shot is one where the left bulb went our right as I took the photo!  I'm having issues with the wiring in this room.  I'm not sure if it's the switch itself or if I did something wrong/weird.  Usually it should be a straight push up to turn the lights on, but I have to fiddle with it to get it in JUST the right position to turn on.  I'll switch it out later on and see what happens.

What's left to do in here?  I want a small shelf under the mirror, but first I need to add the hardware to the sink to see if there's room.  Then I have a ton of stuff to do to the tub, hardware and etc, and lots of work on the ceiling.  I also have a pull out hamper to make beside the washing machine.  Remember my plans for a fancy ceiling?  I'm kind of liking the simplicity of the wallpaper and the attention on the mirror, so I may pass on that idea.  Besides, I used the repositionable glue on the leaves, and a few of them have already fallen off!  The worst part is I can't tell where they had been!  It amuses me, since that's what leaves do, but probably not a good idea.

I promise when all or most of this is finished I will take better, well lit photos.  This is just me being too excited about seeing actual progress to set up proper lighting and playing with the big camera.  

0 comments: